Friday, June 19, 2009

I forgot one more thing!


I also forgot the best news as of late. So I have to tell you the story, when I was 17 almost 18 I went into American Eagle to buy some clothes for Aj. The cashier asked me if I wanted to sign up for a credit card and I told him I wasnt old enough. He said how close are you to 18? I told him a few months and he told me it would be fine. I had never had a credit card but my dad always always was teaching us about them and how there not good if you dont use self control or good judgement. And so I knew it wasnt the best idea but I was determined to prove to him and myself that I could be responsible with it. So I got the card and I said to my self I will only put a $100.00 Dollars on it and then when I get paid in two weeks I am paying it off completely. So I got paid, and I didnt have a checking account or anything, so I always just cashed my checks. I went in and asked how I could pay my card off. The kid Daniel ( yes I still remember his name ) asked how I was paying ( because he was going to see if he could scam me or not ) I said cash. He then proceeded to say I could just pay him and he would send me a receipt in the mail! ( wow how could I be so stupid! ) I then agreed and handed him a hundred dollars. He pocketed my money I am assuming ( seeing as how the only way to pay on those cards is over the internet and for some reason it didnt end up getting paid off....) It took them six months to notify me and I was so scared to tell my dad that I tried to handle it on my own. Long story short they screwed my credit! I had Aj talk to one of the creditors about a year in because I didnt see how I kept paying on it and my balance wasnt going down. The guy told him if we paid 170.00 dollars right now then he would shut the account and he would take off all of the interest. We did that and he ended up not taking off the interest so it took them another six months to contact me again! ( by this time american eagle sold my credit and then they sold it again. So this is the third creditor ) I had my mom draft up a letter recently to send to them and to send to the 3 major credit score companies. And when I say I, I mean AJ! He just called them yesterday and they said that they are closing my account and that it will be completely off my credit and in 20-30 days my credit will show like it should have been. There saying above a 750! I never miss a payment on anything and I never go over fifty percent on any credit line.


I have to give the credit to AJ who has been dealing with them for over a year now ( and I have been fighting them for two years! ) He took it in his hands and took care of all the messy stuff. He is the reason why I am delinquent free. He is so amazing and I am so grateful for him. He makes me so happy and he is my rock! I love you AJ and I will never stop smiling with you around!

1 comment: